Date(s) - 18/08/2022
11:00 am - 12:00 pm
There are many competing demands for space on our transport corridors and a growing appreciation of the need to encourage more sustainable, healthy modes of transport. Part of that involves making our roads more accessible to everyone in our society.
As a result, best-practice guidance on planning and design for various travel modes has been evolving in New Zealand, mostly based on international good practice and the results of local implementation and trials. Waka Kotahi NZ Transport Agency now has a growing range of national guidance in this space for practitioners to use.
This webinar is designed to introduce the transport industry to the suite of multi-modal guidance now available in New Zealand including any recent updates. Following this webinar, an ongoing series of other webinars over the next year will provide training on various multi-modal topics.
Content covered in this webinar
• The context of the available multi-modal guidance, how it fits with other guides and frameworks such as the One Network Framework
• Aotearoa Urban Street Planning & Design Guide
• Pedestrian Network Guidance (PNG)
• Public Transport Design Guidance (PTDG)
• Cycling Network Guidance (CNG)
Following the main presentation (45 mins) there will be the opportunity for questions and a survey on topic preferences for future webinars
Who should attend?
This webinar will be of value to a wide range of people including those involved in planning, designing, reviewing and implementing transport projects, from the perspectives of new developments like subdivisions, upgrades and reconfigurations of existing streets, or safety and access improvements to existing roads and intersections. Potential attendees include:
• Transport engineering and planning/policy professionals
• Land developers and surveyors
• Road safety professionals
• Urban designers and landscape architects
• Project managers