The purpose of this role is to assist in the delivery of high-quality research, evaluation, consultancy projects and trials within the field of road safety, active travel, the wider transport system, Health and Safety, and other areas where human centred enquiry is needed. We are looking for someone who is motivated, adaptable, passionate about making a difference, and driven by a desire to create safer, more user-friendly, and environmentally responsive transport and mobility systems for New Zealand. You will make a substantial contribution to projects of national and international significance.
About Mackie Research
Mackie Research is a small team based in central Auckland that provides high quality applied research, evaluation, and consultancy services within the transport and mobility, and other sectors. We also specialise in trials of innovative active travel and road safety concepts.
- Passionate about this area of work and making a difference in society.
- Minimum Masters qualification in a field related to Mackie Research’s scope of work (e.g., Human Factors, Psychology, Traffic Engineering, Public Health, Planning).
- Evidence of excellent writing ability.
- Demonstrated quantitative and qualitative analysis ability.
- Demonstrated research and/or evaluation ability, preferably with knowledge of the New Zealand Transport and mobility sector.
- Ability to work respectfully and consciously across Maori, Pasifika and other cultures.
- Strong communication skills.
- Comfortable and willing to adapt to working in a consulting and small business environment.
- Initiative, enthusiasm, and ability to self-drive.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Due to onsite meetings at schools and tertiary institutions Covid vaccination will be a requirement for the role.
For more information or to apply for the position contact Julia Mackie at firstname.lastname@example.org