TECHNICAL CONFERENCE PAPERS
This website contains papers from the annual Technical Conferences of the Institution of Professional Engineers
New Zealand (IPENZ) Transportation Group (IPENZ-TG).
The papers cover various aspects of land transport research and practice (particularly roading) and are
peer-reviewed prior to presentation and publication.
There are 2 categories of papers :
Technical Papers - Longer and more comprehensive papers (8-12 pages) covering any relevant land
transport subject, particularly those aligned with the particular conference theme.
Technical Notes - Up to 4 pages and generally on a very specific topic, e.g. a progress
report related to an on-going project or a short sharp review of a completed project.
Authors also compete for three IPENZ-TG Awards:
- NZAA award for Best Paper
- Chairman's prize for Best Technical Note
- Young Author's Award (for authors 30 years and under)
The following technical conferences have taken place to date. Click on the links to view the papers
from each conference (downloadable as Acrobat PDF files).
- 2015 Papers - 22-24 March 2015, Christchurch
- 2014 Papers - 23-26 March, Wellington
- 2013 Papers - 14-16 April, Dunedin
- 2012 Papers - 18-21 March, Rotorua
- 2011 Papers - 27-30 March, Auckland
- 2010 Papers - 14-17 March, Christchurch Town Hall
- 2008 Papers - 2-5 November, Puke Ariki, New Plymouth
- 2007 Papers - 10 October, Sebel Trinity Wharf, Tauranga
- 2006 Papers - 11 October, Rydges Lakeland Resort, Queenstown
- 2005 Papers - 7 September, Hyatt Regency, Auckland
- 2004 Papers - 8 September, St James Theatre, Wellington
- 2003 Papers - 17 September, Hotel Grand Chancellor, Christchurch
- 2002 Papers - 25 September, Grand Tiara Hotel, Rotorua
- 2001 Papers - 12 September, Sky City, Auckland
For further information about these papers and the IPENZ-TG Technical Conferences, contact:
Assoc Prof Roger Dunn